utilizing objects relations theory .” H u m a n i t i e s
I will attach the psychosocial and application of theory I wrote that needs to be used in order to write the diagnostic assessment & treatment plan. APA Format, 3 pages, 3 scholarly journals and/or peer-reviewed sources. Absolutely no plagiarism allowed as it will be submitted through Turnitin, a plagiarism detection service. 7 pages were provided, 3 are missing.
NOTE – THE PDF that states “Psychosocial & Application of Theory needs to be integrated into the paper for it to be a total of 10 pages.” What is missing is 3 pages (the assignment) which should be: Diagnostic Assessment & Treatment Plan. Don’t forget to add in the agency’s objectives (below), which should be the first introductory paragraph. 3 other resources are needed.
Discuss your agency’s objectives, functions, structure, and clientele. Discuss agency’s accessibility to clients, including hours, special accommodations etc. What is the social work role and function?
The agency I’m interning at is Core Services Group- https://coresvcs.org/program-item/shelters-for-adu… where I am a social worker intern. Social work role –
- Working collaboratively with the housing specialist to aid in permanent housing being located.
- Complete biopsychosocials and independent living plans.
- Working collaboratively with the case managers who have a caseload of approximately 25 clients.
- Assist in referrals to mental health and medical settings.
- Participate in case conferences with clients and interdisciplinary meetings.
- Work closely with the CASAC worker and co-facilitate groups focusing on anger management and coping skills.
- Expected to engage clients who are new to the shelter system to provide support and in goal setting.
2) Diagnostic Assessment
A. Describe and Discuss the Nature of the Problem
- Introduce the nature of the problem in social functioning with a summary statement.
- Briefly describe significant factors from the past which may contribute to current difficulties.
- Include relevant data about individual stages of development as well as about the family’s stage of development.
- Identify and define relevant socio-cultural factors, as well as social pathologies which impact on the client and are components of the presenting problem
B. Using the Following Questions as a Guide, Describe and Discuss Your Professional Opinion about the Presenting Problem
- To what extent is the client’s problem a function of stresses imposed by his/her current life roles or developmental tasks?
- To what extent is the client’s problem a function of situational stress, life transitions and dysfunctional interpersonal processes or of a traumatic event?
- To what extent is the client’s problem a function of impairments in his or her ego capacities or of developmental difficulties or dynamics?
- To what extent is the client’s problem a function of the lack of environmental resources or supports, or of a lack of fit between his or her inner capacities and external circumstances?
- What inner capacities and environmental resources does the client have that can be mobilized to improve psychosocial functioning?
- 3)Treatment Plan
- What are your short-term goals and the nature of the interventions planned toward reaching these goals?
- What are your long-term goals and the nature of the interventions planned to bring them about? What are the effects of your interventions over time?
- In which systems are interventions planned and what is the outcome expected? Will interventions require advocacy? With which systems will you advocate and on whose behalf?
- Do these interventions raise any ethical issues of concerns for the agency, practitioner or client?
- How do you plan to evaluate the effectiveness of your work?
Treatment plan section – EXAMPLE derived from class (notes/example)
● Short term goals : “client presents with anxious mood 7 days a week for the past 16 months, short term goals to begin to assess to reduce and stabilize anxiety symptoms from 5 days a week, to 3 days a week. “Exploration of conflicts associated with anxiety, utilizing objects relations theory.”What intensity, how to intervene, how to do it.
●Long term goals – “Client struggles with symptoms associated with self – worth. Client desires to return to school. Help client begin to develop self enhancement to achieve higher self actualization. Therapist will begin with client using _____. “
●Systems – educational systems, homelessness, depends on the case.
Review of how you have identified the progress of the patient – (how to begin to assess the effectiveness. )
How might culture be associated with what we may be presented with?