touchstone response templatepsy1010 touchstone 3 H u m a n i t i e s
DIRECTIONS: Using what you learned about the adolescent brain and social development, answer the questions in this case study assignment below. Your goals are to help Monica understand why her son makes the choices he does and recommend some strategies that may help solve the problem. To complete the assignment, you will answer the following four questions in 5-7 sentences each:
- What happens inside the brain of a teenager that makes it difficult for Jordan to weigh the risks and rewards of his behavior? Describe how the adolescent brain weighs risk and reward.
- Why does it appear that Jordan values the opinion of his peers more than the opinion of his mother? Explain the psychological concepts that may account for why Jordan places value on his peers’ opinions.
- What advice would you give Jordan’s mother, Monica, that would teach him how to make better choices and decisions? Discuss a specific strategy that Monica may implement to help her son make better decisions.
- If you were in Monica’s shoes, how would you feel? Explain why a better understanding of Monica’s perspective could result in more constructive advice.
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
- Download and use the touchstone response template
- Each question response should be between 5-7 sentences or 150-200 words, placed directly below the associated question.
- Use a readable 12-point font.
- All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
- Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
- Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Submission must include your name and the date.
- Include all of the assignment components in a single file.
- Acceptable file formats include .doc and .docx
DIRECTIONS: Using your problem solving and self and social awareness skill and the information that you have learned about the plasticity of the nervous system and motivation and mindset, answer the questions in this case study assignment to help Monica offer strategies to improve Mark’s chances for doing well on the compliance test. To complete the assignment, you will answer the following questions:
- What kind of mindset does Mark need to embrace to be successful? Describe the impact of mindset on success.
- What type of mindset does Mark currently have, and how does it affect his brain? Explain how mindset affects learning.
- What advice should Monica give to Mark, and why? Describe a specific strategy that Monica can suggest to Mark to improve his memory and better prepare for the compliance test.
- If Mark were your coworker, what important aspects of the situation would you want to keep in mind when offering advice and strategies to him? Why do you think this is important? Explain the importance of tailoring advice and strategies directly to Mark’s situation.