therapeutic modality include extracorporeal membrane oxygenation W r i t i n g
The question is also uploaded for a clearer view
Choose a therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
2) Examples of a therapeutic modality include Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation, Automatic rotating pronation
beds, right and/or left ventricular assist devices, nontraditional ventilator modes.3) Examples of healthcare technology can include regional O2 saturation monitoring (NIRS). 5) Write a 4-5 page paper (not including the title page or reference page) using APA format.7) Include the following secta. Introduction – 5 points/5%
• The chosen therapeutic modality or healthcare technology meets one of the following criteria:
o Has been introduced recently at the bedside for care of the complex adult patient.
o Is a non-traditional modality for very ill patients in special circumstances.
o Is being used in a new way to treat a patient with complex needs.
o Requires specific training above and beyond general entry-level nursing education.
• Introduce the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.Name the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• A brief fictional case is used to illustrate the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
b. Explanation and Background– 15 points/15%
• Include a clear description of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology works.
• Describe the patient population it is used for.
• Include medication, safety, and cost considerations as applicable.
c. Risks and Benefits– 15 points/15%
• Describe how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology can benefit the patient.
• Discuss ways to promote positive outcomes.
• Explain the complications that may arise.
• Discuss considerations for preventing complications.
d. Interdisciplinary team’s Roles and Responsibilities– 20 points/20%
• Identify all interdisciplinary team members caring for the patient, such as respiratory therapy, assistive
personnel, providers, case managers, clinical nurse specialists, and researchers.
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of each member of the healthcare team that is involved in the use
of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team caring for the
patientNursing Scope of Practice – 15 points/15%
• Discuss the knowledge needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using the
therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Describe skills needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality
or healthcare technology.
• Discuss attitudes needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic
modality or healthcare technology.
f. Patient Education – 20 points/20%
• Describe the information to be taught to the patient and/or family.
• Discuss how information will be taught.
• Explain how the effectiveness of the teaching will be evaluated.
g. Conclusion – 5 points/5%
• Provide a summary of the paper.
• No new information is introduced.
• Include additional resources for further learning.
h. APA Style and Organization – 5 points/5%
• References are submitted with paper.
• Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
• At least three (3), nursing, scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the
textbook, are provided.