reseorch require evidence theories H u m a n i t i e s
Conduct an interview with a colleague at the college or a coworker to learn about how they balance their daily demands and expectations of work, school, family and social relations
1. List your questions before you set up the meeting with that individual. Keep in mind that questions come in two different categories. One centers on demographic variables such as age, gender, race, education level, employment status, marital status, income, and the like. The second category of questions are subject-related and center on specific questions relating to the topic at hand. In this case, the questions should refer to the balancing acts of daily demands, stress, and type of work, family expectations and the like. Your questions should cover these two categories. Note that the quality of your questions and how they are raised determine the quality of your research results.
2. Highlight important features of interviewing as a research method
3. Describe the interview setting including time and place
4. Describe the interview process and questions and answers
5. What conclusions have you reached about this individual and their stress level and how they balance their daily activities?
6. Which sociological theory or theories have guided your questions and the interview?
7. What lessons have you learned about yourself as an interviewer and a researcher?
This assignment is designed to teach students about research methods. In that context, give a clear notes about the interview process including objectives and clarity about the focus of understanding how people cope with stress in their daily activities. Balancing the demands of home and work. for example, could be for some a source of stress. The interview should lead you to make some conclusions about stress, about interviewing (see chapter 2 and reading materials) and highlight lessons learned about yourself as a researcher. NOTE: Sociological writing and reseorch require evidence theories and relerences to sociologital terature and thouht socio