provider type b similarities example patient age 18 – 65 patient age 18 – 65 differences example located W r i t i n g
Healthcare Payment Systems APA Style Question
Discussion Prompt 1-3 Paragraphs
Complete your Week 1 discussion prompt.
Give an example of two types of healthcare providers, and discuss why there are so many different types of healthcare providers in the United States? Do not use the same two examples as another student.
Support your ideas with at least one scholarly source other than your text, and use terminology you learned this week. Cite and reference your sources using APA Style.
Part 2 (Please Separate this part to a different Word Document)
Week 1 Assignment: Medicare Provider Types
Objective: Differentiate among types of Medicare providers.
After you read the chapter assigned this week, focus on the various types of Medicare providers.
Medicare Provider Types
- Rural Referral Center
- Indian Health Service
- Cancer facility
- Medicare-dependent hospital
- Medicare-dependent hospital/referral center
- Re-based sole community hospital
- Re-based sole community hospital/referral center
- Medical assistance facility
- Essential access community hospital
- Essential access community hospital/referral center
- Rural primary care hospital
- Hospice Home health agency
- Critical access hospital
- Skilled nursing facility
- Hospital-based ESRD facility
- Independent ESRD facility
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
Choose two of the Medicare provider types above and compare and contrast them. Present a minimum of two similarities and two differences. If the facilities are too similar, it may be easier to choose another provider.
Create a one- to two-page paper in APA Style, including a title page and a reference list.
Include the following:
- A completed table like the example shown below
- A written summary/explanation of the similarities and differences between the two provider types
- A written analysis of the benefits and drawbacks potentially associated with each provider type (compare and contrast)
- Conclusion and summary
- You must cite and reference at least three sources. You may use your textbook as a source
Provider Type A
Provider Type B
Patient age 18–65
Patient age 18–65
Located in a rural area
Located in an urban area