“ pages ” software H u m a n i t i e s
- Answer each question below based on your understanding of the assigned readings. Your completed response should be at least 2 pages long (double-spaced) and will be worth 8 points total.
- Length requirements and points noted for each question. FOLLOW THE LENGTH REQUIREMENTS TO EARN FULL POINTS.
- Please NUMBER each response.
Readings: Khan textbook, Chapters 6 & 7
1) Explain the institutional perspective of racism and sexism, using two examples from Chapters 6 and 7. How is the institutional perspective different than a focus on individual beliefs and behaviors? This should be 1-2 paragraphs long, for 2 points.
2) Discuss how racial categories on the US census have changed over time, drawing on data contained in Chapter 7. What do these changes reveal about the social construction of race? Be sure to explain social constructionism as fully as you can in your first paragraph, and explain the variations in census categories in the second. This should be 2 paragraphs (roughly a page long), for 3 points.
3) Drawing on Chapter 6, explain the concept of intersectionality as fully as you can, and apply this concept to the data presented on the motherhood penalty and the fatherhood bonus. Be sure to include actual statistics from the text to earn full points. Likewise, this should be 2 full paragraphs (roughly a page long), for 3 points.
These are analytical reading questions – I am asking you to complete the reading, to think about its meaning and significance, and to begin to apply key concepts from this reading. These are NOT opinion questions, and they are not questions that Google can answer. To earn full credit, be sure to demonstrate a real engagement with the ideas from the assigned reading. Please do not quote from the readings – translate everything into your own words.
If your discussion of the ideas is lacking – i.e. it is superficial or vague, and/or shorter than the required length – I will deduct a portion of the points and explain this deduction in the Comments section of the assignment. If it is clear to me that you did not complete the reading, your response will earn zero points. As always, any submissions containing plagiarism will receive zero points.
Do not upload any documents made with “Pages” software (commonly on IPhones) to Canvas – it is incompatible.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount