original response due friday 12 B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
I’m working on a communications multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Original response due FRIDAY 12/3. Classmate responses due SUNDAY 12/5.
Chapter 11 is one of my favorite chapters because I think no matter how well we communicate, we can always be actively working to improve our side of communication climates. Choose 2 of the options below to respond to and discuss. And check out the Ted Talk (our last one-so sad!) and comment your thoughts briefly.
- Identify confirming, disagreeing, and disconfirming messages in one of your current relationships (it does not have to be romantic) and describe the consequences. You need only to address one example of each.
- This is a very open ended discussion question so proceed as you wish-there is no right or wrong answer. Describe an approach to establish a dialogue (NOT MONOLOGUE) with people who see the world differently than you do? If your answer involves cultural, religious or political differences, feel free to describe your personal perspective, but do so with the utmost respect. I encourage you to describe your personal thoughts on any of these issues as your perspective, not the be all-end all answer for the purposes of this discussion (and the discussion you are attempting to describe–I’m giving you a hint in advance for this discussion. You’re welcome). As we see on page 360 of the text, “being intellectually humble does not mean wishy-washy.” People that exhibit this quality (the example in the textbook is regarding work) in any relationship will “fight like hell” for their position, but if a new fact is introduced, they are unafraid to say ‘that changes things. You are right.'”
- Find a partner (spouse, classmate, coworker) and practice nondefensive responses to 2 of the following criticisms:
- -“You’re very selfish.”
- -“Don’t be so sensitive.”
- -“You say you understand me, but you don’t really.”
- -“You’re so critical.”
- Discuss the discussion you have with your partner on this and why you chose the nondefensive answers you used in response. Share any key takeaways.
- Describe the following key terms and give one example of each in conversations you’ve had recently.
- -escalatory conflict spiral
- -face-threatening act
- -intention statement
Ted Talk: (only ten mins long) celeste headlee 10 ways to have a better conversation on youtube
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount