minute sales pitch tailored toward H u m a n i t i e s
Week 4 – Interactive Assignment
No unread replies.No replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 5 (Saturday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
This discussion forum will be assessed on a 10-point scale and is worth 10% of your final grade.
|I Should Hire You: Elevator Speech Presentation|
Prior to beginning watch The Elevator Pitch (Links to an external site.)video about creating an elevator speech, and watch the following examples:
Next, design your own one-minute sales pitch tailored toward your chosen career path. It is recommended that you also review the 30 Second Elevator Pitch and Professional Summaries (Links to an external site.)online resource. Consider the person in your field whom you would most like the opportunity to speak with, and keep this person in mind throughout the process.
In your pitch, specifically
- Choose a person that you want to meet in an elevator to give them your pitch for being a qualified future candidate for their organization.
- Discuss your areas of expertise in the area of psychology (thus far) and how they could be applied to benefit the organization or industry in your future career.
- Record your 30-second to one-minute video speech utilizing the Canvas recording tool, or using any recording software of your choice. Be sure to consider how you would want to be perceived visually by the person as well. Introduce yourself, demonstrate your value to the organization, and end with a request for your listener.
- It is recommended that you create a script or, at minimum, a list of talking points prior to creating your recording. For an explanation of steps to follow when creating an elevator speech, read the PSY620: Preparing Your Elevator Speech document.
- If you do not have a recording device, it is possible to plug your ear buds into the microphone slot to create the voiceover. (It just will not be quite as clear so make sure to speak clearly and a bit more loudly.)
- You can also use the recorder on many phones and send the audio to yourself by email.
- If using Zoom, upload to YouTube or Screencast-o-matic to share a link. (You can even edit in Screencast-o-matic if you need to.)
Once you have completed your recording, share your pitch with the class by copying and pasting the link for your recording into your discussion post by Day 5, unless you utilized the Canvas recording tool which does not require this step. Include in your written summary the name of the person you chose to give your speech to as well as a 50- to 150-word description of the individual’s background, industry, area of expertise, and your rationale for choosing this person.
Guided Response: Review and listen to several of your colleague’s posts/elevator speeches, and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week.
In your responses, provide a substantive critique with a minimum of 100 words of your colleague’s presentation by addressing the following:
- Did he or she present themselves well?
- Did he or she seem qualified?
- Was it clear what he or she has to offer the organization/industry?
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount