maximum 100 pointsgrading criteriapoints deliverable requirements addressed B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Many business functions involved in supply chain management are necessary to manage a global supply chain operation, including production planning and control. The operation of each function requires various processes using information technology (IT). Systems used can include the following:
- Customer relationship management to manage client information
- Supplier management to manage supplier information
- Warehouse management to manage volume and inventory location
A breakdown in process and system by either or all functions involved can result in the product not meeting the customer’s quality standards.
Use this template to complete the assignment: Unit 1 Template (See Attatched).
Assess the business function review covering marketing, finance, and IT in a global supply chain operation, and include the following:
- The introduction should introduce the reader to marketing, finance, and IT in a global supply chain operation.
- Assess an analysis differentiating each global supply chain function and how they contribute (separately and collaboratively) to solve a quality-related problem and comparing how finance and IT specifically support production control processes. Consider the following:
- How marketing strengthens the company’s competitiveness and position and builds internal and external relationships that support operational efficiency.
- How marketing, finance, and IT are directly or indirectly related to the supply chain
- Why integrating financial services and IT into supply chain management is about finding new opportunities for cost reductions and driving effective and efficient processing
- The conclusion should summarize your key points.
The business function review should be at least 3 pages in length. Be sure to cite sources using APA properly; include references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Please submit your assignment.
Grading Rubric: Maximum 100 Points
|Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and presenter’s message and intent are clear||40 points||Followed assignment guidelines and criteria||20 pts||Yes/Complete||Mostly||Not at all|
|Overall quality||20 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Scholarly research that supports the writer’s position is properly acknowledged and cited, and direct quotations do not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable||25 points||Title page, table of contents, tables, exhibits, appendices or reference page included||12.5 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|
|Content is original with less than 35% match||12.5 pts||Yes||36–50%||51% or over|
|Critical thinking: Position is well-justified; logical flow; examples||10 points||Position is justified with examples||5 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Presentation flows logically||5 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Structure: Includes introduction and conclusion, proper paragraph formatting, and reads as a polished academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable||7.5 points||Includes introduction and conclusion||2.5 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Paragraphs are formatted properly||2.5 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Reads as polished academic paper or presentation||2.5 pts||Excellent||Satisfactory||Needs Improvement|
|Mechanical: No spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors||10 points||Spelling and grammar are accurate||5 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|
|Punctuation is accurate||5 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|
|APA: Deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual||7.5 points||References are cited in accordance with APA formatting||5 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|
|Reference page is included||2.5 pts||Yes||Partially||Not at all|