many instagram customers reacted strongly B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
MGT-445: Ethical & Legal Business Concepts
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”
“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
Genesis 3:1-5 (New International Version)
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
Apply ethical theory to contracts, the UCC, and e-commerce.
Explain how contracts are used in business settings.
File: Template for Evaluating Case Studies.docx
Article: HIPPA Privacy Rule
Article: Changes in Terms: Lessons from Facebook
- Work that was once done locally can now be done by someone located off-site, or even outside of the country. When we deal with people who are not bound by your state’s or even country’s laws, we may find ourselves dealing with unexpected issues.
Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
Select one of the case studies from below.:
Questions to answer in the template for the HIPPA Privacy Rule case:
Is the term privacy rule accurate in describing the HIPPA legislation? Why or why not?
- How could this issue of patient privacy have been handled in a more ethical manner?
Based on the limited information in this article, do you think the HIPPA legislation achieves its objective of securing patient privacy?
- Did Jenna and Mrs. Peterson handle this situation with Mountainside Family Medicine Associates in an ethical manner? Why or Why not?
- Questions to answer in the template for the Changes in Terms: Lessons from Facebook case study:
What prompted Instagram to change the terms of service (TOS) agreement?
- Critics and many Instagram customers reacted strongly to the TOS change. Was there in error of judgment on the company’s part? Why or why not?