lived around danger throughout brooklyn H e a l t h M e d i c a l
Write a brief statement expressing why you would like to be considered for the programs you are applying to. Visit the Applicant Help Center for more information. DPT program faculty and admissions committees are looking for you to use this essay to persuade the reader that the physical therapy profession is the right fit for you. Please keep this in mind as you complete your personal essay.
Prompt: Every person has a story that has led them to a career. Since there are a variety of health professions that “help” others, please go beyond your initial interaction or experience with physical therapy, and share the deeper story that has confirmed your decision to specifically pursue physical therapy as your career.
– At least a page and a half answering all parts of prompt. Include big words and make paper personal.
– Rubric is in that link above.
– No need for reference as this is a personal paper about Physical Therapy.
Subject: Male African American
– Lived around danger throughout Brooklyn but maintained high grades and stayed out of trouble.
– From Brooklyn NY
– Got Bachelors in Science majoring in Biology
– shadowed/ interned at multiple PT places and learned so much about the human body
– Struggled first half of college losing grandparents(they were active/mobile and encouraged him to pursue pt… believed that if his grandparents could do it he can help others who are elder and aren’t mobile) ,
– Adapting to such a different environment, trying to support his single mother at home but realized how much Physical Therapy meant to him so he picked it up and learned to balance home and dealing with such a difficult major. Doesn’t want to be judged by anything other than the things his application states that proves he has what it takes.
– Worked his tale off to get a high science GPA in pre reqs for PT school and maintain a 3.0 overall GPA (don’t need to include this as this is very self-centered and sort of a brag but just to give you an idea of the type of optimistic person this is).
– The subject is so invested into Physical Therapy and what he can do in the future. Be ORIGINAL (try and find an answer as to why this subject differs from all other applicants and would be great for PT school)