least two data sources H e a l t h M e d i c a l
The purpose of this activity is to key strategies for managing public health programs and interventions to a population-based intervention scenario.
Scenario: You and your team from the local health department have been tasked with starting a public health program to address the rapid increase in sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in an area with a large immigrant population.
Format: 2-3 page paper (not including the title page and reference page) submitted via Turnitin; APA format (double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12pt font).
Your paper should include the following questions:
Strategies before the implementation of the program
- What key strategies would you employ with the community before starting this program?
- What type of public health data source should the team use to collect information about the population? Identify at least two data sources, and explain why.
- What are some foreseen issues and barriers to implementing this program among this population?
- What are the cultural implications that might be considered given the target population?
- Using the systems thinking approach, who are the key organizations, systems, and individuals that should be a part of the planning and implementation of a program to address the increase of STIs among the population?
- Identify the collaborations
- Identify the role and responsibilities of each.
Communication and Marketing
- What is your strategy for communicating with the population and marketing the program? Although this is a hypothetical scenario, in this section, describe the product, price, place, and promotion.
- Product: What are you asking people to do?
- Price: What will they need to give up?
- Place: Where can the audience engage in the desired behavior?
- Promotion: How will you reach your audience? How will you get the message out?
- Use APA format for references. Include a title page, section headers, and in-text citations.
- The title page and reference pages are not included in the page requirement.
- References should be from reputable websites and organizations. Do not use websites such as Wikipedia.
- Submit the assignment in a word document or pdf.
- For those who need extra guidance with formatting your paper, here is a resource you can use https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/