including times new roman B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Describe a firm you think has been highly innovative. Which of the four types of innovation—radical, incremental, disruptive, or architectural—did it use? Did the firm use different types over time?
Respond to the post of at least two peers, using 100 words minimum each.
[Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion].
[Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. A peer response such as “I agree with her,” or “I liked what he said about that” is not considered substantive and will not be counted for course credit. A blank post just to review other submissions will not be tolerated]
Chapter 7. Business Strategy: Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Platforms
- Outline the four-step innovation process from idea to imitation.
- Apply strategic management concepts to entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Describe the competitive implications of different stages in the industry life cycle.
- Derive strategic implications of the crossing-the-chasm framework.
- Categorize different types of innovations in the markets-and-technology framework..
- Explain why and how platform businesses can outperform pipeline businesses.
COURSE: Strategic Thinking, Decision Making, and Innovation
Required Text(s): Rothaermel, F. (2016). Strategic Management. 5th McGraw Hill. ISBN13: 9781260261288