include three additional scholarly resources H u m a n i t i e s
Benchmark – Value Objectivity Paper (Obj. 3.1 and 3.2)
Should a counselor remain value-objective about controversial issues presented by a client (such as abortion, suicide, adultery, drug use, domestic violence, child abuse, etc.)? Some counselors might argue that they should not express their values or criticize their clients for these behaviors, while others would say that expressing moral judgment is appropriate. Consider the information above and Chapter 3 of the textbook. This paper should be written in the third person. Write a 1,000-1,250-word paper addressing the following:
- Analyze the ethical implications of a counselor expressing their values to a client.
- Identify actions a counselor might take when confronted with clients they find difficult to treat due to differences in values/beliefs regarding one or more of the following issues: abortion, suicide, adultery, drug use, domestic violence, and child abuse
- Some of the legislation and government policies related to clinical mental health or school counseling
- Identify factors that might lead a counselor to consider referring a client to another counselor.
- Describe steps a counselor should take if referral is not an option.
- Be sure to use the ACA or ASCA Code of Ethics as guidelines when constructing your paper.
- Include three additional scholarly resources in your paper in addition to the course textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency and professional standards:
MS Clinical Mental Health Counseling; MEd School Counseling
2.3: Analyze ethical issues in the practice of professional counseling. [CACREP 2.F.1.i, 2.F.6.g; MC5]
This assignment is informed by the following CACREP Standard: 5.C.2.j. Cultural factors relevant to clinical mental health counseling.
Attempt Start Date: 14-Jan-2021 at 12:00:00 AM
Due Date: 20-Jan-2021 at 11:59:59 PM
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount