include specific information addressing wound care W r i t i n g
2.1 Theory, Research and Practice
In this assignment, you will write a paper that analyzes a scenario
and considers the relationships between theory, research, and practice
in evidence-based research.
Step 1: Read the following scenario.
During the course of your practice as a staff nurse on a
medical-surgical unit, the nurse manager and unit-based council state
that discharge teaching for postoperative patients will now include
information pertaining to wound assessments, care, and dressing changes
(as needed). The basis for this change stemmed from the unit consensus
about postoperative readmissions with wound infections. The unit-based
council performed a review of the literature and has decided to
implement a discharge teaching plan that will include specific
information addressing wound care.
Step 2: Identify one research article pertaining to this problem.
The article must be from nursing research from the United States and
be published within the last five years in a peer-reviewed journal.
Suggestions for finding an article include use of the library and
journal articles posted to the Internet.
Step 3: Review aspects of theories and conceptual models.
- Consider the various aspects of a theory and nursing conceptual models.
- Consider the purpose of research and how theory and research work together to support evidence-based practice.
- Think of how theory and nursing conceptual models could be used to
reflect on the problem in nursing practice described in Step 1.
Step 4: Write a two-four page paper.
Write a paper that analyzes the importance of theory, research
findings, and practice as it relates to evidence-based research. Then,
using the scenario from Step 1 and the article you identified in Step 2,
summarize how the aspects of a theory would help support evidence-based
research into the problem described in the scenario. Also, describe
which nursing conceptual model would be appropriate for research into
this problem and why.
Construct your paper and cite any sources in APA format.
3.1 Literature Review in Action
In this assignment, you will create a presentation that reflects on
your proposed problem of interest and explains the purpose of a
literature review as it relates to this problem.
Step 1: Reflect on your proposed problem of interest.
Critically think about your research question or problem of interest.
Step 2: Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of conducting a literature review?
- What are the steps a nurse researcher would take to conduct a literature review?
- What would be the primary and secondary questions regarding the research question or problem of interest?
- Consider the importance of including sources with a variety of
results when identifying sources pertaining to your proposed problem of
Step 3: Consider who your audience might be if you were to deliver your presentation in person.
- What would you want them to know about this topic?
- What would you expect them to already know?
Step 4: Create a seven- to ten-slide presentation that summarizes the purpose of a literature review.
Explain the steps in conducting a literature review. In your
presentation, describe how you would approach conducting a literature
review pertaining to your problem of interest. Identify one primary
question and one secondary question regarding the problem of interest.
Step 5: Review your presentation.
Ensure that you are using best practices for formatting slides.
- Include a title screen and summary screen.
- Avoid making slides too text heavy or dense with text. As a
guideline, limit text on each slide to five bullet points of six words
- If using graphics, be sure that they are professional, reinforce your points, and are not used merely for decoration.
- Be sure to add what you would say if delivering the presentation to a live audience in the notes section of each slide.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount