human lifespan development across developmental domains H u m a n i t i e s
- Write a 2-3 page paper that summarizes a member of the Washington family and applies at least one cognitive or psychosocial theory, using scholarly research and your textbook to support your claims.
When working with clients representing different age groups, you will need to be able to analyze their cognitive or psychological development to know how to most effectively help them deal with an identified problem. You will need to be able to identify why the client is displaying attitudes and behaviors and identify ethical issues to consider when working with clients.
Complete the Riverbend City: Meet the Washingtons interactive media piece.Make sure you have done the following before starting the assessment:
- Choose a character from the case study media piece to study.
- Select at least one cognitive or psychosocial theory to apply to your chosen family member and review your textbook for information on the theory.
- Choose a theoretical concept for the age group of your member and ﬁnd at least one scholarly research article that supports this concept.
- Review the brain activity for the character.
- Review the APA code of ethics to identify ethical issues to consider when working the character.
For this assessment, write a 2–3-page paper using the information you found related to your chosen family member’s development. Analyze your chosen family member’s cognitive or psychological development and their physical brain development. Based on the theory you choose, the research article that supports the theory, and the brain development of the family member you select, describe why the character is displaying the attitudes and behaviors depicted in the case study media piece. Describe ethical issues to consider when working with your family member.
Use the APA Paper Template [DOC] to complete the following:
- Write a 2–3-page paper.
- Use in-text citations in the paper and create title and reference pages.
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Paper length: 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and references page.
- Resources: One peer-reviewed source, your textbook, and the APA code of ethics.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply information literacy skills to topics in human lifespan development.
- Evaluate research from scholarly articles.
- Competency 2: Interpret human behaviors using theories of human lifespan development across developmental domains.
- Apply a psychological theory to a case study.
- Provide examples of contributions of biological, cognitive, or sociocultural domains.
- Competency 3: Explain research found in scholarly articles related to human lifespan development.
- Apply research ﬁndings to a case study.
- Competency 4: Apply ethics to problems in human lifespan development.
- Apply ethics to problem presented in assessment.
- Competency 5: Communicate with clear purpose, organization, evidence, tone, and sentence structure.
- Include APA-style citations when including references.
- Write an organized presentation with clear purpose, proper grammar, and with a scholarly tone.
Use the scoring guide to understand how your assessment will be evaluated.VIEW SCORING GUIDE