housinghousing affordability oroverall housing accesshealthhealthcare rationing oraccess H u m a n i t i e s
I need two of these. one for myself and one for my group partner in the class. they must be different from one another
You will research one of the topics below as it relates to disability justice. You will create an accessible Powerpoint presentation. The PowerPoint should be at minimum 4 slides but can be up to 8 slides. To make your assignment accessible you are required to follow the accessibility instructions listed below. Your assignment must meet the following requirements.
Step 1: Pick one of the topics listed below:
- housing affordability or
- overall housing access
- healthcare rationing or
- access to reproductive health
- prison trends or
- police reform/defunding
Step 2: Research the selected topic.
Make sure to list your sources somewhere on the assignment. It does not need to be a formal APA/MLA format but we need to know where you got your information from. We HIGHLY encourage you to seek out sources that were not used in the class so far.
Step 3: Create a Powerpoint slide presentation using the guidelines below:
Your PowerPoint slides must be accessible. In addition to accessibility, you must include the 6 following parts to your PowerPoint slides. You do not have to present this to us or other students.
- Slide 1 – Describe/Define the Disability Justice Movement?
– What is Disability Justice? Include the definition and cite your source of the definition.
– Provide an image that represents disability justice in the context of your topic or issue. Your image must be accessible (it must include alt text description).
- Slide 2 – Describe/Define First Point or Argument of Chosen Topic
–What is one angle, point, or argument of your chosen topic and what is one way that it relates to disability justice (facts, quotes, arguments, controversy, etc.
-Provide an image that represents disability justice in the context of this angle, point, or argument. Your image must be accessible (it must include alt text description).
- Slide 3 – Describe/Define Second Point or Argument of Chosen Topic
– What is a second angle, point, or argument of your chosen topic and how does it relate to disability justice (facts, quotes, arguments, controversy, etc.)
– Provide an image that represents disability justice in the context of this angle, point, or argument. Your image must be accessible (it must include alt text description).
- Slide 4 – Personal Reflection
– Why did you pick this topic? What is your personal motivation or connection to it?
– Was anything uncomfortable and why (controversial, conflicting, confronting, explain)?
– Provide at least one image that represents your reflection on this issue. Your image/s must be accessible (images must include alt text description).
– Put your bulleted main ideas in the slide itself.
– Put a more detailed reflection paragraph in the notes section of your reflection slide.
This is the basic outline. It is the bare minimum required. If you discover the need to include more slides in order to accommodate more points or arguments, you may do so. We suggest no more than 8 slides.
- All Slides – Accessibility
– You must check the accessibility of your Powerpoint slide deck prior to submitting.
– To check accessibility, go to “Review.” Then go to “Check Accessibility.” This will guide you in ensuring that your Powerpoint is accessible to screen readers and other assistive technology that readers may be using.
– You must include 3 separate sources of information within your presentation. Sources may include books, online journals, blogs, newspaper articles, disability justice or advocacy websites or podcasts, etc.
– Each slide must include its own citation of sources for information, as well as for images. Source may be listed on the slide itself or in the notes section underneath.
Microsoft Powerpoint is available at no cost to SDSU students.