health care businesses — one B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
****An actual interview is not necessary. Answer the questions as if one were conducted****
Interview TWO people at health care businesses—one who has a financial position and another in an administrative or managerial position.
During your interview, ask the questions below. Afterward, write a 3+ page paper (double-spaced, Times New Roman font, and on a separate Word document) in which you:
- List the questions asked and answers given during each interview
- Summarize what you learned during each interview
- Compare the information provided by each person. Were there any similarities? Did they contradict each other?
- What information provided by the interviewees will be helpful to you in completing your project?
- Give the contact information for each of your candidates
Financial Position Questions:
- Tell me your name, your title, and describe your role within the facility.
- How many people are involved in the financial process, and can you briefly explain the roles of each person involved?
- How do you formulate your budget for your facility or department on a monthly and annual basis?
- What is important for me to know about starting up a business and month to month operational finances?
- If I have a start-up loan amount of up to $500,000, how would you best utilize this?
- Are financial gains more important than the treatment of employees/patients?
- Do you enjoy the work that you do?
- Do you see yourself within the same profession in 5 years?
Administrative or Managerial Questions:
- Tell me your name, your title, and describe your role with the facility.
- Can you explain to me the managerial operations of your healthcare facility?
- What are some of the biggest decisions you make on a daily basis?
- What do you do to advertise or market your facility for growth within your community?
- What is important for me to know from an administrative or managerial perspective of starting up and growing a healthcare business?
- How do you respond to challenges presented within your facility?
- What motivates you to do a good job?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
This paper will not require references but should still be written as an academic essay.