health belief model 1 H e a l t h M e d i c a l
analyze the successes, setbacks, and challenges experienced during the implementation of your personal behavior change plan.
Tip: if you do the tracking evidence and graph FIRST, it will be a lot easier to do the rest of the assignment.
Copy and paste what is below and answer each of the questions underneath. Be sure to include the following headings AND question numbers in your paper:
Health Belief Model
1. What was your original goal?
2. How did you use the Health Belief Model to achieve your goal (e.g. how did you increase self-efficacy, reduce perceived barriers, increase perceived benefits, increased perceived threat, or give yourself cues to action?).
1. To what extent do you feel that you met your goal and changed your specific personal behavior ?
2. What components of your plan helped you be successful AND/OR what would you do differently to help you be successful next time?
1. How did you initially decide to track your goal? Did it change throughout the semester?
2. Were you successful in tracking your goal? When were you successful vs. unsuccessful and why?
3. Would you track differently next time? Why or why not? If yes, how would you track it if you did this again?
Reinforcement and Punishment
1. Which did you decide to implement mid-semester (e.g. positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, positive punishment, negative punishment) and what specifically did you decide to do?
2. Did implementation of your reinforcement/punishment strategy cause you to be more successful in your behavior change? If yes, how? If no, why not and what strategy would you try next time to make it more effective?
1. What was your original behavior metric? How did you do on your behavior throughout the semester? Any times you were more or less successful and why (refer to graph as a reference).
2. What was your original short-term evaluation metric? How did you do on your short-term goal throughout the semester?