good “ fit ” W r i t i n g
This is for teacher education 1301 . we use this textbook “
HCC EDUC 1301 SADKER: TEACHERS, SCHOOLS AND SOCIETY, 5E
- First, re-read your textbook chapter on the five major philosophies influential in our system of schooling. Consider whether you lean more toward a student-centered or teacher-centered philosophy. Think about the aspects of each major philosophy as you decide which of them best reflect or support your personal viewpoints about teaching and learning.
- Write a 4-6-page paper (in addition to the title and reference pages) that clearly articulates your emerging philosophical outlook. Address each question in the outline provided. Your responses should directly address the questions and reflect your selected philosophy. Your responses should include supportive details and examples. Use the outline and rubric to guide your writing. (See outline and rubric on the following pages.)
- Use APA style. You do not need to write an abstract or author’s note. You do need to include title and reference pages, in addition to the 4-6-page body of the paper. Type and double space the entire paper, including the references. See APA sample paper: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/a…
You also need to include in-text citations to support your ideas. See APA In-Text Citations: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/a…
- Label your paper according to the outline below. Omit the Roman numerals and follow APA guidelines for the correct format of headings. See APA Headings: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/a…
Tips and Reminders: Use information from the textbook as a foundation for your responses. (See Integration of Course Content in the rubric.) Suggested chapters are indicated in the outline; however, other chapters may be applicable as well. Other credible sources may be used, but remember, you must use information from the textbook. Each major section of your paper should include direct, brief quotes from the textbook to support your ideas. Paraphrased portions may be included, in addition to quoted portions. In-text citations are required for both quoted and paraphrased material. Additionally, throughout the paper, your selected philosophy should be addressed and reflected in your responses.
- Introduction Paragraph
- Why have you decided to become a teacher?
- What is your purpose as a teacher?
- Why is it important for you to establish or develop an educational philosophy?
- Briefly, which of the five major philosophies presented in the course textbook most closely aligns with your beliefs and values, and why?
Suggested Chapters: Chapters 1 and 6 (See Tips and Reminders in the directions above.)
- Paragraph 1 :Learners and Teachers
- What are the roles and responsibilities of student learners? Provide brief and specific examples.
- What are the roles and responsibilities of teachers? Provide brief and specific examples.
Suggested Chapters: Chapters 6 and 8 (See Tips and Reminders in the directions above.)
- Paragraph 2 :Classroom Management and Instruction
- What system or approach will you use to manage student behavior? How would your selected approach help establish an environment conducive to learning? Provide brief and specific examples.
- What instructional strategies or techniques will you use to convey information and facilitate the learning process? Provide brief and specific examples.
- What are your views about partnering with parents in the educational process? Provide brief and specific examples.
Suggested Chapters: Chapters 6 and 11 (See Tips and Reminders in the directions above.)
- What key points or essential elements of your beliefs would you like to emphasize to the reader as you conclude your paper?
- Why do you think teaching is a good “fit” as your career choice?
- In summary, why should an administrator or parent decide to hire you as a final candidate rather than someone else?