general health history physiological assessment psychological assessmentsocial assessmentcultural assessmentdevelopmental assessmentspiritual assessmentpart 2 H e a l t h M e d i c a l
Assignment: Holistic Assessment of the Older Adult
This assignment is a voice over PowerPoint recording of 13-15 minutes. (Use screenomatic and not voice over on PowerPoint audio)
For the PowerPoint and recorded presentation, create a presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the prompts or questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least four (4) scholarly sources throughout your presentation, referencing in APA style. Include title and references slides in the presentation. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Ensure that you have permission from your older adult to conduct the health assessment and ensure that they are not identified on the PPT. Review the Signature Assignment rubric criteria for this assignment.
Part 1: Assessment: Choose an adult (65 years or older) friend or relative and perform a holistic health assessment. Clearly discuss your discovered holistic health assessment data. Your assessment should include the following parts for the holistic assessment:
- General Health History
- Physiological Assessment
- Psychological Assessment
- Social Assessment
- Cultural Assessment
- Developmental Assessment
- Spiritual Assessment
Part 2: Interpretation (Abnormality and Coping)
- Choose one abnormality from the data gained in the assessments and discuss possible reasons/causes for the abnormality.
- How does this abnormality impact the other areas of the patient’s life?
- Discuss the client’s stress and coping mechanisms.
- Are they healthy?
- What recommendations and improvements could be made that are individualized for this person?
Part 3: Teaching Plan: Create a teaching plan that addresses the client holistically by applying the assessment data you have analyzed.
- Describe at least one client goal for each of the six categories (each category should have a goal) (physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual).
- Discuss one strategy per goal you would use to teach your client about each individual goal
- Explain how you will evaluate if your teaching was effective
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Objective Slide (1 slide)
- General Health History (1slide)
- Physical (1 slide)
- Psychological (1 slide)
- Social (1 slide)
- Cultural (1 slide)
- Developmental (1 slide)
- Spiritual (1 slide)
- Interpretation (Abnormality and Coping)
- Abnormality, Reasons/Causes, Impact on Life (1 slide)
- Stress, Coping, Recommendations (1 slide)
- Teaching Plan
- Physical Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Psychological Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Social Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Cultural Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Developmental Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Spiritual Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Evaluation Plan (1 slide)
- References (1 slide)
Length: PPT of 19-21 slides; Recording 13-15 min
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, and reference slide in APA format. Recording is of PPT slides, with voice only.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-slide citations and references for all resources. A minimum of four (4) scholarly sources are required.