explain one current healthcare issue related B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
A healthcare manager needs to be able to develop working internal policies. This means going beyond just having an idea that advances the organization to also possessing the ability to develop policies and procedures that are accepted and easily understood by the staff. Managers must also realize that regulations and external policies will influence how internal policies and procedures are put in place. In other words, managers must create policies that help the organization comply with regulations as well as keep standards high.
In this assignment you will review a real-world situation in which policies and procedures need to be put into place. You will research and analyze best practices in policy and procedure implementation for healthcare organizations. You will then have the opportunity to discuss best practices for turning external policies into working internal policies. You will also analyze current healthcare policy issues and determine which issues will have the most impact on healthcare organizations in the future.
- Article: Taking a Systematic Approach to Hospital Policy Development
- Case Study: Case Reveals How Easily Patient Confidentiality Can Be Breached
- Read the case study “Case Reveals How Easily Patient Confidentiality Can Be Breached“ and the article Taking a Systematic Approach to Hospital Policy Development.
- Navigate to the threaded discussion and answer the following:
- Current: Why is staying current with external policies important in the healthcare setting?
- Best Practices: Describe at least four best practices for ensuring that internal policies and procedures align with external policies. How would these practices have made a difference in the case presented?
- Issues: Explain one current healthcare issue related to health policy that you feel will have a major impact on healthcare organizations now in the near future.
- Name/describe the issue.
- Explain the impact you believe the issue will have on healthcare organizations.
- Placing yourself in the role of a healthcare professional, what organization level policies will be impacted or need to be developed?