essay using mla format H u m a n i t i e s
This prompt, in addition to the “Readers Write!” and “Interacting with Reading” and “Grammar for Source Incorporation” Pages, will serve as the guidelines for the remaining responses for this entire semester. Below, I have copied the highlights from the “Readers Write!” page for your convenience.
Be sure to mention the title of the work to which you are responding, the author, and the main thesis of the text, using correct English for the first sentence of your paper.
Respond with your ideas. What do you think?
Be sure, also, to avoid plagiarism. While you can summarize an idea from the author or borrow a quote, you must also make sure that you parenthetically and bibliographically cite the essay using MLA format.
The basic bibliographic formula for our responses’ essays will look like this:
Author Last, First Name. “Article Title.” Periodical Title, Date Month Year, url.
We will cover more bibliographic citation methodology in the coming Modules.
Any idea, thought, word, or phrase from the original source must be cited.
Reading responses need to be 250 words in length. They should be titled and follow MLA conventions.
Remember, too that I gave the full version of this prompt on the “Readers Write!” Page.
To begin this assignment, compose your Response 7 by addressing the following requirements:
- Read all of the assigned essays (Gopnik (Links to an external site.), Thompson (Links to an external site.), Edelman (Links to an external site.), Sawyer & Wagner (Links to an external site.)), but respond to only one.
- In the opening sentences, give the author’s full name and “Essay Title” in a complete sentence.
- Give your reactions, opinions, and thoughts about the material.
- You need not mention the author again unless you quote or summarize the material.
- If you give the author’s name again, use last name only.
- If you use the author’s words (quote) or ideas (summary), cite both in text and bibliographically.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount