encountering gathering research materials H u m a n i t i e s
This forum is intended to help you focus the efforts you’re making on the Research Essay Project. While all of the essential materials for this project have already been introduced in weeks prior, you still need to go through the research, reading and writing processes in an organized and insightful manner to do well with this project. This activity forum is designed to help identify and navigate this project.
Consider the following questions in a response to this forum. Use this questions as a method of orienting to this project and determining next steps:
- What have you completed thus far for the Research Essay Project? What still needs to be completed or revised?
- Have you satisfied the research requirements stated in the project prompt? What obstacles are you encountering gathering research materials? How are you working with these materials to produce the written essay?
- How have you engaged with note-taking or annotated bibliographies to remain organized as you read your research materials? How might your reading experiences and notes help you write the essay?
- How much of the essay have you been able to compose to-date? What do you need to do or know to complete the written essay successfully, meeting all of the requirements stated in the prompt?
- What materials or resources might benefit you as you work on this project? How might you make use of these to support your efforts?
Getting through finals week in an organized and effective manner, as well as performing at your optimal best, takes conscious effort. This forum is designed to extend the materials introduced in the previous lesson and to concentrate the materials through application and planning.
Respond to the following questions in a discussion forum post here, being specific and detailed in your responses. The more focused your ideas, the better they will be manifest and adapt through your behaviors later on:
- What strategies will you employ to perform at your optimal best during this end of the term?
- Which potential sources of difficulty or obstacles do you believe you’ll likely encounter? What can you do now to mitigate or overcome those challenges later on?
- What resources, if any, will you need to succeed this academic term? What steps can you take from now until the end of the term, to support your best efforts and highest intentions?