discussion board questions go along weekly H u m a n i t i e s
QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED:
This focuses on COAMFTE core competence of cultural and diversity, which all graduate students must demonstrate skills in working with clients.
Using your selected case for this Capstone Project: Tell us a bit about the culture of the client. How does this impact the case? How does it impact your rapport with the client? Is there a match between your culture and that of the client? Is that important?
There are so many cultural identity development models, have you applied any of them to your client? What did you apply from your readings/research that pertains to your client?
- *****These discussion board questions go along weekly with our capstone project. My capstone project paper is already completed by a fellow tutor so I will send you the paper in order for you to be able to answer this discussion board question.
- Read Chapter 3 in Miller, G. (2015). Learning the language of addiction counseling (4th Edition). Hoboken, NJ, NY. Retrieved from Ebook Central (formerly ebrary or ebook central ProQuest) in the Touro library.
- Mometrix Academy. (2017). Counseling: Multicultural clients. Retrieved from (7:22).
- Sue, D. W. & Sue D. (2016). Counseling the culturally diverse theory and practice. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons Inc. Retrieved from Ebook Central (formerly ebrary or ebook central ProQuest) in the Touro library.
- Atuel, H. R., & Castro, C. A. (2018). Military cultural competence. Clinical Social Work Journal, 46(2), 74-82. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10615-018-0651-z. Retrieved from ProQuest Central database in the Touro Library.
- Gainsbury, S. M. (2017). Cultural competence in the treatment of addictions: Theory, practice and evidence. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, 24(4), 987-1001. Doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cpp.2062. Retrieved from ProQuest Central database in the Touro Library.
- Ratts, Manivong J., and Pedersen, Paul B. (2014). Counseling for Multiculturalism and Social Justice: Integration, Theory, and Application (4). Alexandria, US: American Counseling Association. Retrieved from Ebook Central (formerly ebrary or ebook Central ProQuest) in the Touro Library.