Data for External Organizations
You were asked to choose a quality-improvement standard within health care to discuss. This standard could be related to credentialing, patient safety, utilization management services, home health care, or long-term care. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 6–8 slides with speaker notes of 75-150 words not including title and reference pages that will display the following information:
- Define and explain the quality process you chose.
- Define descriptive versus inferential statistics. If you were to survey your members, describe the form of the 4 levels of measurement that would be suited for your task (i.e. nominal, interval, ordinal, and ratio).
- Identify the purpose of the measure.
- Illustrate how patients or members have benefited or will benefit from the process.
- Identify which types of health care organizations are impacted by the standard.
- Based on your knowledge of the standard being discussed, provide 1–3 changes that you might recommend. If you do not have any recommendations, then provide your reasons for not having a recommendation.