current day • analyzes existence H u m a n i t i e s
Though colonialism may have officially ended, the effects of colonialism are still very much present today. This is true in modern-day Africa.
Review the following resources for additional information on the slave trade in Africa:
- Origins of African Slaves: Slave Trade Routes
- Lasting Effects of Slavery on Africa
- African Countries and Independence Dates
Select 1 of the following countries from which the most slaves originated:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ivory Coast
Use this template to complete your paper:
- For your selected country, identify the former colonial ruling country.
- Identify your selected country’s date of independence from the colonial ruling country, and discuss the length of time the slave trade operated there.
- Discuss how the depopulation and fractured familial relationships inherent in the slave trade have affected your chosen country. Be sure to support your discussion with relevant examples.
- Are these effects still felt today? If so, how? Provide examples.
- Based on your review of this information, what conclusions can you draw about the slave trade and its effects on your selected country?
- Based on your key findings and conclusions, what recommendations do you have to help improve the conditions in the country now? Make sure your recommendations:
- include specific interventions or strategies to address the issues and constraints identified
- are feasible (politically and operationally)
- are realistic (short- and long-term)
- Utilize at least 2 credible sources to support the arguments presented in the paper. Make sure you cite them appropriately within your paper, and list them in APA format on your Reference page.
- Your paper should be 4–5 pages in length, not counting the Title page and Reference page. In accordance with APA formatting requirements, your paper should include a Title and Reference page, should be double-spaced, and include a running head and page numbers.
For additional assistance with this assignment, click this resource link.
Boddy-Evans, A. (2017, September 18). Chronological list of African independence. Retrieved from BBC News. Retrieved from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6504141.stm
|Assignment Criteria||Proficient Descriptor||Points|
|Country Selection & Identification of Ruling Country||Selects a country from the list provided & Identifies the former colonial ruling country||/5 pts.|
|Duration of Slave Trade and Date of Independence||Discusses the length of time the slave trade operated in the selected country and identifies the date of independence from the ruling country||/10 pts.|
|Impact of depopulation and fractured relationships||• Discusses depopulation and fractured familial relationships inherent in the slaves and its impact on the selected country.
• Supports discussion with relevant examples
|Analysis of effects in current day||• Analyzes existence and impact of these effects in the current day.
• Provides examples to support the analysis.
|Conclusions||Draws thoughtful and informed conclusions about the slave trade and its effects on the selected country||/10 pts.|
|Recommendations||• Provides recommendations that are prioritized to respond to key findings and conclusions.
• Recommendations include specific interventions/strategies to address the issues and constraints identified.
• Recommendations are feasible (politically and operationally) and realistic (short and long-term).
|Writing Quality & Accurate Attribution||• Writing is clear, well-articulated and free of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.
• Information sources (a minimum of two) utilized are clearly identified, properly cited and referenced using APA Style
|Submission Length & APA Format||Paper length is as per assignment requirements, is double-spaced, and includes a title page, reference page, running head and page numbers.||/5 pts|
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount