course competency facilitate public health nursing care H e a l t h M e d i c a l
Facilitate public health nursing care through collaboration with resource partners, including dissemination of relevant information.
Communication: Displaying capability in writing, reading, and oral communication; understanding of non?verbal language.
The preceptor wants to encourage senior nursing students to learn more about how public health nurse professionals collaborate with community-based resource partners. As a senior nursing student, you are asked to interview a public health nurse professional working in a community clinic, the health department, or a program that specifically deals with vulnerable populations.
You will need to prepare interview questions, contact a public health nurse professional to schedule the interview, perform the interview, and prepare a thank you email with a summary of the interview.
Part One – Questions for Interview
Prepare six interview questions that identify:
- The role of the public health nurse professional in the community.
- The populations served by the organization.
- The collaboration that occurs with community-based resource partners.
- To address the needs of specific populations.
- To disseminate relevant information to the community.
Part Two – Interview
Conduct an interview with a public health nurse professional by:
- Scheduling the interview
- Determine how the interview will take place (over the phone, in person, Skype, Google Hangout, or a web-conferencing tool).
- Determine when the interview will be (date and time).
- Documenting the responses to the interview questions and include the following contact information:
- The full name of the public health nurse professional.
- The name of the organization the public health nurse is employed.
- Phone number of the organization.
- Work email address of public health nurse professional.
Part Three – Thank You Email
Prepare a thank you email to the public health nurse professional that:
- Provides the public health nurse professional with two suggested resources for information to support their community.
- Concludes with a thank you statement and summary paragraph of the interview.
- Provides stated ideas with professional language and attribution for credible sources with correct APA citation, spelling, and grammar in the interview questions, interview responses document, and thank you email.