#): colonialismneocolonialismsettler colonialismimperialismhistorical traumagenocideglobalizationimmigrationtransmigrationmigrationrefugeegenerational trauma10 W r i t i n g
this is the final and SOME OF IT based on what we both worked on lately” book discussion 1 until discussion 6. (so you can go back for reference) also please read instructions carefully and let me know if you can do it!
Overview: This final has 10 short answer essay questions. Please be concise and clear in your response.
- Short answer responses (minimum 1 page double spaced or 2 pages maximum) except from this are questions that ask you to list your answer.
- Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, and double spaced.
- Make sure that when you cite a quote you include the page number.
- Please no plagiarizing
- You do not need to provide a reference page for material in class unless you are citingexternal resources.
- Please carefully edit your work. Suerte!Questions:
- Define what oppression, racism, and white supremacy using Sensoy and Di Angelo? What are two examples? (Your examples should come from either the Gonzalez or Chomsky book).
- The role of the church meant similar things to the Spanish and British but carried itself different in practice during European colonization. In what ways were they different?
- The role of race contributed to the foundation of most economic and political systems in the United States and globally. How did the Spanish and English use race in the process of colonization?
- According to Gonzalez what are some of the reasons Latinx migration happens. How does Latinx and European migration differ? (Please use information from at least two chapter in part 1 and 2 of Gonzalez).
- Select one chapter from part 2 of Gonzalez, do the following:
• briefly review what the countries social and political challenges were encountered.
• describe in what ways the people navigate those challenges (i.e. did they create political or social groups, activism such as protests, did they leave the country).
6. Pick one chapter from the Harvest (part 3) section that reviewed key incidents and trends that are shaping the Chicanx and Latinx community’s evolution (i.e. post-9/11, growth of the Latinx electorate, Puerto Rico’s battle with U.S. Navy, free trade policies on Latin America, and left leaning populist governments in Latin America and its impact on Latinx folks in the U.S.). Tell me what questions and/or thoughts came up for you while reading. What are 2 contemporary incidents and/or trends that build on what was discussed in the book
7 . What are Chomsky’s suggested solutions to the challenges the immigration system? Discuss at least 2 specific examples (could be a theoretical or practical response). Does your approach align with her solutions? Why or why not? Make sure you use the text to inform your answer and point to specific language that she uses as you provide your analysis.
8. List and discuss (explain using a quote or reference to what you are talking about from the book, please cite your page number) 5 facts you didn’t know about the immigration system and/or the overall notion of “illegality”
9. Select 4 terms and provide your definition and example for each using your reading material (any book and/or PDF chapter from class). Please include citation (author, p. #):
- Settler Colonialism
- Historical Trauma
- Generational Trauma
10. Please share two takeaways from the course?
* MORE sources TO BE ADDED SOON
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount