career experiences thus far ?❒ W r i t i n g
Touchstones are projects that illustrate your comprehension of the course material, help you to refine skills, and demonstrate application of knowledge. You can work on a Touchstone anytime, but you can’t submit it for grading until you have completed the unit’s Milestone. After you’ve submitted a Touchstone, it will be graded and counted towards your final course score.
Touchstone: Success Narrative
ASSIGNMENT: For this touchstone, you will be writing a success narrative consisting of three components. Specifically, you will write about the following:
- Who I Am Now: Create a brief biographical statement describing your academic and professional history, as well as any relevant personal characteristics you’d like to share.
- My Goals: Identify three (3) professional and/or academic long-term goals for your future.
- How I Will Get There: Based on the professional or academic goals you created, identify at least two (2) short-term steps for each of these goals, and set target dates for each of these short-term steps. Make sure that in your plan to achieve these goals, you account for obstacles that may present themselves along the way.
A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Who I Am Now
- ❒ Have you provided a brief biographical statement explaining your educational and career experiences thus far?
- ❒ Have you shared any personal characteristics (e.g., determination, flexibility) that you feel are relevant to your narrative?
2. My Goals
- ❒ Have you provided three long-term goals you wish to accomplish?
- ❒ Have you connected those goals to either your academic or professional aspirations?
3. How I Will Get There
- ❒ Have you identified and explained at least two short-term steps for achieving each of your three goals?
- ❒ Have you set target dates for each of these steps?
- ❒ Have you addressed any obstacles you might face in pursuit of these goals?
|Meets Expectations (80-100%)||Partially Meets Expectations (50-79%)||Does Not Meet Expectations (0-49%)|
Who I Am Now
Write a paragraph describing your academic and professional history, and related personal characteristics.
|Includes a detailed description of academic and professional history in a single paragraph; includes personal characteristics to support the description.||Provides an incomplete description of academic and professional history (i.e., either academic or professional history is not described); does not include any personal characteristics.||Does not includes neither an academic nor a professional biographical statement; does not include any personal characteristics.|
Write a paragraph stating three professional and/or academic long-term goals, and provide a brief description of each goal.
|Identifies three professional and/or academic long-term goals; provides brief description of each.||Identifies one or two professional and/or academic long-term goals; does not provide a description of the goals.||Does not identify any professional and/or academic long-term goals.|
How I Will Get There
Write a paragraph describing two or more short-term actions that you can take to achieve each goal described above.
|Provides a detailed explanation of at least two short-term actions that be taken to achieve each goal.||Provides a detailed explanation of one short-term action that can be taken to achieve each goal.||Does not explain any short-term actions that can be taken to achieve the goals.|
Incorporate thoughtful personal reflection to connect the goals and actions described in the composition.
|Demonstrates a clear connection between the goals and the actions that will help achieve them. The composition is at least 500 words.||Provides goals and actions, but does not establish a clear connection between them, or does not establish a timeline for the plan to achieve the goals. The composition is 100-200 words too short.||Does not demonstrate a meaningful connection between the goals and proposed actions and no timeline to achieve the goals has been provided. The composition is more than 200 words too short.|
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
- Composition must be 2-3 pages (approximately 500-750 words).
- Double-space the composition and use one-inch margins.
- Use a readable 12-point font.
- All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
- Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
- Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Submission must include your name, the name of the course, the date, and the title of your composition.
- Include all of the assignment components in a single file.
- Acceptable file formats include .doc, and .docx.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount