avoid using long direct quotations W r i t i n g
In a brief paper write a clear discussion of the following points:
- Identify the main message or argument of the article chosen.
- Identify the main evidence the author presents for you to support that argument.
- Evaluate the logic, evidence and strength of the argument.
- Respond to the author’s argument with an argument of your own.
- Support your argument with the introduction of additional evidence from appropriately cited sources.
- Discuss one part of the article’s argument in relationship to Kling’s arguments for the need for a social studies approach to technology.
In all, the essay should be between 1200-1500 words.
The essay must contain APA-formatted in-line citations to a minimum of four sources to support your argument. The majority of these sources should be scholarly. Providing a citation to the article you are analyzing for the essay is required.
There should also be a list of works referenced formatted according to APA style (see https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/05/ (Links to an external site.) for instructions, the sample paper available at https://owl.english.purdue.edu/media/pdf/20090212013008_560.pdf (Links to an external site.) has an example of this list). This list should include a reference to the article you chose for analysis.
Initial drafts of this assignment are due to be submitted in Word format in the drop box on the course site on October 11th.
- Avoid using long direct quotations from the original article – it will only eat up space which you’ll need to make your points.
- Also avoid lengthy re-statements of the author’s argument without analysis of whether or not that argument is effective.
- Avoid the first person voice, not that I mind hearing your opinion, but it’s inappropriate to write informally for this assignment and the first person signals informality and subjectivity.
- Review the Shorenstein Center’s guide for copyediting http://journalistsresource.org/tip-sheets/style/copyediting-for-reporters (Links to an external site.) and apply their strategies – this is a useful way to avoid some obvious mistakes.
- Remember the 10% over/under rule on the word count – if you’re significantly short you probably missed a component of the assignment and if you’re significantly longer in length then you need to make some choices.
Grading will be based on completion of all parts of the essay assignment, clarity of writing, appropriate choice of supporting materials to cite from, correctness of analysis, and use of proper style (APA) in the citations and references list.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount