associate degree attainmentfor rural community college students W r i t i n g
Reflect on the knowledge and insights you gained about the landscape of higher education, and the opportunities and challenges facing leaders in this field. Think about how educational reform issues will shape the future of higher education-in your institution, in this country, and around the globe-and how you may find opportunities for social change within these issues. Finally, consider how you will stay energized and enthusiastic about graduate study so that you can follow the passion that led you to this field.
Complete and submit your Reflection as follows:
- What key ideas or concepts in higher education did you see reflected in your peers’ projects that you reviewed? How did they differ from concepts and themes that you highlighted in your own project?
- Synthesize your learning by explaining how this course has affected your thinking and learning:
- How have your perceptions changed?
- What new questions do you have?
- What new goals do you have?
- How might your professional conversations be different from only eight weeks ago?
- In what ways have you been energized?
- In what ways are you feeling challenged or overwhelmed?
- What strategies can you use to stay focused and committed to your development as a higher education professional?
- Include references to the Learning Resources from various weeks of this course and follow guidelines for APA format and scholarly writing.
Assignment Length: 2-3 pages (not including title page and reference list)
American College Personnel Association. (2018). Mission, Vision, and Values. Retrieved
October 21st 2020, from Association of American Colleges & Universities. (n.d), Mission & Strategic Plan. Retrieved
October 21st 2020, from In defense of
American higher education, 144-178. The Johns Hopkins University Press.
Kuh, G.D. (2001). College students today: why we can’t leave serendipity to chance. In defense
of American higher education, 277-303. The Johns Hopkins University Press.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2010). Understanding higher education: Higher
education today: External forces. Baltimore: Author
League for Innovation in the Community College. (2020). About. Retrieved
October 21st 2020, from https://doiorg.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1787/hemp-v21-art7-en
Yang, L., & Venezia, S. (2020). The Impact of Financial Aid on Associate Degree Attainment
for Rural Community College Students: A Comparison of Rural, Urban, and Suburban
Patterns. Community College Review, 48(4), 423–454.