another opinion would help support H u m a n i t i e s
The Literary Anaylsis Paper (4-5 pages + Works Cited)
This paper will identify major and/or minor themes in The Man in the High Castle. This will come mainly from
your own interpretations, and you should not seek out or cite outside sources to draw conclusions for you,
though you are required to cite at least two outside sources of some kind that help provide clarification of your
interpretations. You will also cite the book itself, for a total minimum of three sources.
Start by reading Chapter 15 (pp. 187-201) in They Say/I Say. The text provides a good introdution to writing
about literature, though keep in mind that for this assignment, you do not have to cite the opinions of other
writers about the book unless you feel that bringing in another opinion would help support your own point(s). It
should be your unique interpretations being highlighted in the paper, not someone else’s.
The paper should be designed as follows:
• The paper is built around you finding major or minor themes in the book and highlighting five of them.
• It should begin with an introduction, which ends with a thesis statement stating the five themes you will
discuss in the paper.
• You should have five main idea paragraphs, each devoted to a major or minor theme you have identified
from the book; the novel itself should be referenced in every main idea paragraph and cited
appropriately (quote or paraphrase)
• Your main idea paragraphs will highlight each theme by pointing them out in the book and stating your
interpretation(s); you will also cite outside sources where needed, though not necessarily in every
• Your conclusion should bring the discussion to a close, making sure to not introduce any new
• MLA format is required for this paper; be sure to remember your Works Cited and in-text citations!
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount