also employs remote staff B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Imagine you are a new manager at the SNHU Pet Supply Company. The company has grown from a small, local pet-supply company into a large organization with locations in Manchester, New Hampshire and Denver, Colorado. It also employs remote staff. The manager you are replacing was with the team for two years and left on negative terms, which exacerbated an already concerning team culture.
You have been asked to present a management plan that addresses identified areas of concern, rebuilds the team’s culture, and aligns organizational practices to leadership.
Leadership has provided you with a management brief that outlines the key pieces of information you will need in order to make informed recommendations.
Use course resources and the information provided in the Project One Management Brief (located in the Supporting Materials section) to develop recommendations that will meet the needs of your new team and align with your organization’s mission, vision, culture statement, and goals.
Use the Presentation Template to create presentation slides that highlight key pieces of information, and use the Speaker Notes Template to outline what you would say when presenting your recommendations in a future meeting with leadership. Both templates are located in the What to Submit section.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Team Management
- Leadership and Management: Describe leadership and management practices that you feel would be best suited to manage the team. Explain why you believe these practices are in alignment with the organization’s mission, culture, and goals, as well as how they would be effective in improving the team’s culture.
- Followership: Explain how you would leverage your strengths as a leader to strengthen the team’s effectiveness and culture. Also explain how your strengths could be used to develop followership within your team.
- Decision-Making Models: Describe decision-making models that you believe will be the most effective for the team and management approach and their alignment with the organization, as well as how they would be effective in improving the team’s culture.
- Emotional Intelligence: Describe considerations for ensuring your management practices are emotionally intelligent and inclusive of diverse perspectives, needs, and roles within your team. Explain why you believe they are in alignment with the organization and how they would be effective in improving the team’s culture.
- Communication and Collaboration Across Functions
- Forms and Functions: Explain how the various forms and functions of the organization impact the team; also explain how the team impacts the various forms and functions across the organization.
- Communication Practices: Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the current communication practices being used across functions, and recommend better ways to communicate that meet the organization’s needs.
- Organizational Mission, Vision, and Goals: Explain the general purpose of organizational missions, culture statements, and goals and what these three things say about the way an organization should operate. Take organizational structure, leadership and management approaches, and diversity and inclusion practices into account when considering an operation.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount