81 ), 307 – 323 B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
the ability to effectively communicate any changes throughout the
organization becomes a critical component of employee morale and
In this scenario, assume you are serving as a Human Resource Manager
for a company in Saudi Arabia that has announced that they must lay off
20% of all employees. Discuss how you would advise management about how
best to communicate this message. Include the following areas: the
specific process they should follow, the format/channels they should
use, the components to include in the message.
- How can the change pre-layout and post-layoff be evaluated?
- What type of control systems would you employ to ensure a smooth transition?
- What metrics or measurement tools could you use to ensure the current customer base is still being supported after the layoff?
Draft a short, one-paragraph message that you believe should be sent to the organization to announce these layoffs.
During the week, review and offer suggestions to your fellow
students on how they can modify their message to make it more palatable
to employees, offering suggested words and approaches that they may
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with two scholarly peer-reviewed references in supporting your answer.
Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi
Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly
My Reference :
Cawsey, T. F., Deszca, G., & Ingols, C.
(2020). Organizational change: An action-oriented toolkit(4thed.).
Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publishing. ISBN-13: 9781544351407 ( My Textbook )
- Maria Beuren, I., & dos Santos, V. (2019). Enabling and coercive management control systems and organizational resilience. Revista Contabilidade & Finanças – USP, 30(81), 307–323.
- Nikiforova, L., Petukhova, S., & Tsurikov, S. (2019). The approach to the efficiency estimation of the management system of high-tech Industry organizations. Varazdin: Varazdin Development and Entrepreneurship Agency (VADEA).
- Sætnan, A. R., Tøndel, G., & Rasmussen, B. (2019). Does counting change what is counted? Potential for paradigm change through performance metrics. Research Evaluation, 28(1),