750 maximum ). include one secondary media text B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
- Blog essay #2: In the second essay, you will evaluate two news media organizations as cases of digital media innovation, thinking about the projects these organizations are working on that involve digital innovation, the type of organization and who gets to be part of the project, and to whom these projects are aimed at. You will also critically evaluate the digital affordances of one innovation project at each organization. Organizations include the New York Times, a legacy media organization (see for example digital innovation report (Links to an external site.)), and Chalkbeat, a mission-driven nonprofit education news organization that makes efforts to improve schools for all children, especially those who have historically lacked access to quality education (see for example five year plan (Links to an external site.)). You are welcome to pick another one such as (but not exclusively), The Washington Post. This will require you to search for companies on sites including the Columbia Journalism Review, Nieman Lab, Pew Journalism, and Poynter) to gather information.
- A good blog post will have the following elements:
- A strong lead sentence and first paragraph that tells the reader what you are going to talk about (or what question you might be pondering). In journalism language, this is called the lede. You can use a concept, define it, and then illustrate it by discussing a case study, by building an argument.
- Description of the issue. Use short examples or sources along with your opinion here.
- Build an argument, based on the evidence that you provided.
- TOTAL 3 sources: At least two outside sources and one source from inside the course to help you build your argument. These sources can include academic articles published in major journals, scholarly books, or even well sourced journalistic articles. Failure to include outside sources will affect your grade.
- Should be 500 words each (up to 750 maximum).
- Include one secondary media text that relates to your blog post (e.g. embedded tweet, picture, ad, film, video, YouTube clip, newspaper or magazine article). This does not have to be something you have to create yourself (though it can be). It can be something like a video that relates to your issue, infographic, or something similar.
- Discuss a topic previously covered in class
A note on citations: You should not cite sources like a typical research paper with in-text citations (i.e. Belair-Gagnon, 2020). Instead, you should cite your sources in a more informal way and provide a link when possible (For example: In an article in the New York Times, Belair-Gagnon wrote that…). Also, you should have references cited at the bottom of the post. You can use any citation style you choose (i.e., Chicago, Harvard, etc.)
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount