15pt ariel dark blue formatting B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
For this assignment, you will be creating documentation for a freeware program called Pixelitor. You can download the program here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelitor/ (Links to an external site.).
For this assignment create an outline of your Pixelitor help system. Start drafting out topic and subtopic headings (such as main topics analogous to chapters and subtopics like level headings and procedures). As mentioned in the textbooks, focus on creating topics that are meaningful and action-oriented to help the user find the content that is going to help them. Don’t simply base your topics on GUI (user interface) items (e.g., “The File Menu” is not action-oriented. “Creating a new image” is action-oriented).
- Use Microsoft Word to complete this assignment.
- There should be at least 4 to 5 main level topics. Think about what major tasks a user might want to accomplish with this program.
- Each main level topic should have second-level topics and possibly third-level topics.
- Use paragraph formatting (title, headings) to distinguish each topic level.
- Make sure to use parallel wording for each topic level. (See the Microsoft Manual of Style section on Parallelism).
- You are not writing the actual topics, just an outline containing topic headings.In addition to the topics, you should also write a 1-paragraph summary of your audience.
You do not need to use a traditional outline numbering/lettering scheme for this outline. Please refer to the attached example for an outline that uses paragraph formatting to show hierarchy. The example uses Word’s built-in formatting with a custom theme. When writing topics, you’ll need to rely on formatting (color, font, bold, italic, spacing) to identify different types of information to the reader. For example, consistently having 15pt Ariel dark blue formatting for first level topic headings allows the reader to quickly identify the type of topic they are reading.
If you have never performed any formal audience analysis before, go through the attached worksheet (persona-development-discussion-guide.docx). While the worksheet is focused on website development, the questions will help give you ideas for how to think about your audience for both the software and the help you will write. The attached example (Online Help Outline.docx) also contains a 1-paragraph audience analysis to help you when framing your own paragraph.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount